Stay informed and discover the latest happenings in Belleville, Ontario with the Belleville Chamber of Commerce News.
MP Neil Ellis offers an update on new support measures and previously announced support measures for non-profit organizations and businesses affected by the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
The Government of Canada will provide:
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- The CRA will launch the CEWS on April 27, 2020.
- Charities and non-profit organizations will also be able to apply for the 75% wage subsidy.
An online CEWS Calculator will help employers determine the subsidy amount they can expect to claim and provide for their employees. For more details, go to: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/subsidy/emergency-wage-subsidy/cews-calculate-subsidy-amount.html.
Emergency Community Support Fund
- $350 million dollars to deliver support to vulnerable community members through the provision of:
- Home deliveries of groceries or medications;
- Transportation for seniors or people with disabilities to appointments;
- Expanded capacity on help lines that give information and link people to services;
- Transitioning in-person services to phone call, text message, or online service delivery models; and
- Updated training on health and safety measures for all volunteers and staff of these non-profit organizations or agencies.
This funding will be distributed through Canada’s national partner organizations, including United Way, Community Foundations Canada, and the Canadian Red Cross. If you are interested in more details, please visit:
- https://www.communityfoundations.ca/initiatives/responding-to-covid-19/; and
For current updates on all COVID-19 advisories, MP Ellis encourages everyone to visit: Canada.ca/coronavirus.
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan can be reviewed at: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html.