In November, Ontario announced the COVID-19 Response Framework, with the primary goal to keep Ontario "safe and open".
The recent blitz in Hastings Prince Edward from Jan. 20 - 22, showed that more than half of businesses were not compliant with safety protocols. The most common infractions included not having a safety plan and exceeding capacity limits.
How to create your safety plan
A safety plan provides a 'documented approach' to what your workplace needs to do and how you are going to do it. The provincial government created a safety plan template that poses six questions.
- How will you ensure all workers know how to keep themselves safe from exposure to COVID-19?
- How will you screen for COVID-19?
- How will you control the risk of transmission in your workplace?
- What will you do if there is a potential case of, or suspected exposure to, COVID-19 at your workplace?
- How will you manage any new risks caused by changes to the way you operate your business?
- How will you make sure your plan is working?
The template is part of a guidance document that includes explanatory information and possible considerations. Your answers to the questions form your plan.