The Belleville Chamber of Commerce is committed to ensuring that Belleville's business community has the resources and information needed during these challenging times.
The Log Cabin is open to the public and our staff are working and available to help you in any way that we can. Please don't hesitate to contact us at 613.962.4597.
DOWNLOAD the Canada Business App, from the federal government. It is easy to navigate government services, get recommendations tailored to your business, set up personalized notifications and find the answers you need to start up, scale up and access new markets.
List of programs and supports available for your business.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) - Eligible employers who had any drop in revenue can now qualify for the wage subsidy, starting with claim periods that began July 5th and continuing through November. This support can help to keep your employees on the payroll. Easy online calculator will help you determine your subsidy amount.
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) - Program has been extended to October 31, 2020. Interest free loans up to $40,000 are available. Repayment of the loan before Dec. 31, 2022 results in loan forgiveness of 25%.
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) - The local stream of funding for interest-free loans of up to $40,000 has been exhausted, and no further applications are being accepted. If you are an incorporated business, you may be eligible directly for funding through FedDev Ontario.
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) - Financial relief available for entrepreneurs through the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) providing additional credit opportunities for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) - forgivable loans to property owners covering 50% of eligible rent payments, if owner agrees to reduce tenant's rent. The deadline to opt-in for an extension is October 30.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) ends when you've received 28 weeks of benefits or on October 3, whichever comes first. If you applied through the CRA, the last 4-week period ended on Sept. 26. You can apply retroactively for CERB through the CRA until December 2, 2020. Information on eligibility for Employment Insurance can be found here.
- WSIB - repayment of deferred premiums, claim payments and administrative fees will not be required before January 2021 for Schedule 1 and 2 businesses. All payment obligations are now due on the normal payment cycle. Read more
The Canadian Business Reslience Network has more information on sector-specific resources and programs, tax relief, savings programs and more.
The Belleville Chamber of Commerce staff are working and are available if you have questions. Click here for contact information.