The Belleville Chamber of Commerce is committed to ensuring that Belleville's business community has the resources and information needed during these challenging times.
DOWNLOAD the Canada Business App, from the federal government. It is easy to navigate government services, get recommendations tailored to your business, set up personalized notifications and find the answers you need to start up, scale up and access new markets.
List of programs and supports available for your business.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) - Covers up to 24 weeks of salaries to a maxiumum of $847 per week. This support can help to keep your employees on the payroll.
- 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers - No application is needed. Reduce the payroll remittance sent to the CRA by the amount of the subsidy.
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) - Interest free loans up to $40,000. Repayment of the loan before Dec. 31, 2022 results in loan forgiveness of 25%.
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) - Small and medium sized businesses may now easily apply for interest-free loans up to $40,000 through Trenval. Applications are now open. For more information see https://trenval.ca/regional-relief-and-recovery-fund/.
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) - Financial support available through the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) providing additional credit opportunities for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) - forgivable loans to property owners covering 50% of eligible rent payments, if owner agrees to reduce tenant's rent. Applications open on May 25.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) - Financial support of $500 per week up to 16 weeks paid directly to individuals.
- WSIB financial relief package for business, allowing reporting and payments to be deferred until August 2020. Read more
The Canadian Business Reslience Network has more information on sector-specific resources and programs, tax relief, savings programs and more.
PAYROLL and COVID - Q&A From the payroll infohotline
The Belleville Chamber of Commerce staff are working and are available if you have questions. Click here for contact information.