The Belleville Chamber of Commerce is committed to ensuring that Belleville's business community has the resources and information needed during these challenging times.
The Log Cabin is open to the public and our staff are working and available to help you in any way that we can. Please don't hesitate to contact us at 613.962.4597.
DOWNLOAD the Canada Business App, from the federal government. It is easy to navigate government services, get recommendations tailored to your business, set up personalized notifications and find the answers you need to start up, scale up and access new markets.
List of programs and supports available for your business.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) - Eligible employers who had any drop in revenue can now qualify for the wage subsidy, starting with claim periods that began July 5th and continuing through November. This support can help to keep your employees on the payroll. Easy online calculator will help you determine your subsidy amount.
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) - Program has been extended and eligibility criteria has been changed. COMING SOON* Support is being expanded from $40K to $60K, and will be avaiable to all eligible previous and new applicants. Deadline to apply for CEBA is December 31, 2020. Repayment of the loan before Dec. 31, 2022 results in loan forgiveness of 25%.
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) - The local stream of funding for interest-free loans of up to $40,000 has been exhausted, and no further applications are being accepted. If you are an incorporated business, you may be eligible directly for funding through FedDev Ontario.
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) - Financial relief available for entrepreneurs through the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) providing additional credit opportunities for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) - The application process and extension request is closed and the program has ended.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Even though the CERB has ended, the CRA is continuing to accept and process retroactive applications until December 2, 2020. Information on eligibility for Employment Insurance can be found here.
- WSIB - repayment of deferred premiums, claim payments and administrative fees will not be required before January 2021 for Schedule 1 and 2 businesses. All payment obligations are now due on the normal payment cycle. Read more
The Canadian Business Reslience Network has more information on sector-specific resources and programs, tax relief, savings programs and more.
The Belleville Chamber of Commerce staff are available if you have questions. Click here for contact information.