As of midnight today, the Hastings Prince Edward region has moved back into the Green - Prevent level on the Reopening Framework. This only happened because of the efforts of the business community and the residents and their dedication to keeping this area safe.
However, Public Health officials cautions us to remain vigilant. This is not a return to normal, and residents are asked to remain thoughtful about daily choices.
For details regarding restrictions and precautions applicable to the Green-Prevent level of the province’s reopening Framework, please visit Ontario.ca. In addition to restrictions outlined by the province, Dr. Piotr Oglaza, Medical Officer of Health and CEO at HPEPH, has implemented a Class 22 Order, requiring the following additional precautions in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties:
- Bookings for accommodation, personal service settings, and dine-in food services shall be accepted only for individuals residing in regions where Stay at Home Order has been lifted (exceptions will include booking accommodation for individuals who are travelling to our region for essential reasons as defined by the Ontario’s Stay at Home Order).
- Dine-in services shall be limited to 6 people per table.
- Contact information shall be required for all patrons attending local food service establishments and personal service settings.
- Retail businesses shall be required to maintain/post a safety plan. Workers and patrons shall and wear appropriate face coverings or PPE.
- Retail businesses shall not play music at a volume any louder than a normal conversation.
- Patrons shall not be permitted to line up inside a retail setting, or to line up/congregate outside a retail setting unless they are wearing a face covering and can maintain 2 metres of distance.
For more information, guidance documents, recommendatons and instructions visit https://hpepublichealth.ca/healthy-workplaces/
Stay tuned for our next Chamber Chat LIVE with Hastings Public Health. Details coming soon.