Stay informed and discover the latest happenings in Belleville, Ontario with the Belleville Chamber of Commerce News.
The Roadmap to Reopen is a three-step plan to safely and cautiously reopen the province and gradually lift public health measures.
We expect to enter Step One of the roadmap the week of June 14th, 2021. The province will remain at each step for at least 21 days to evaluate any impacts on key pubic health and health system indicators. If trends in key public health and health system indicators are ositive, the province will move to the next step two weeks after the vaccination thresholds are met.
STEP ONE: Outdoors first with limited, well-managed crowding and permitted restricted retail
- Larger outdoor gatherings for up to 10 people
- Outdoor dining for up to 4 people per table
- Essential retail capacity at 25%
- Non-essential retail at 15%
- Outdoor religious services, rites and ceremonies with capacity limited to permit physical distancing of 2 metres
- Outdoor sports, fitness and personal training up to 10 people
- Day camps
- Campsites and campgrounds
- Ontario Parks
- Outdoor horse racing and motor speedways
- Outdoor pools, splashpads and wading pools
STEP TWO: Open indoors with small numbers and face coverings and expand outdoors
- Larger outdoor gatherings for up to 25 people
- Small indoor gatherings for up to 5 people
- Outdoor dining for up to 6 people per table
- Essential retail at 50% capacity
- Non-essential retail capacity at 25%
- Personal care services where face coverings can be worn at all times
- Outdoor meeting and event spaces
- Outdoor amusement and water parks
- Outdoor boat tour operators
- Outdoor county fairs and rural exhibitions
- Outdoor sports leagues and events
- Outdoor cinemas, performing arts, live music events and attractions
STEP 3: Expand indoors where face coverings can't always be worn.
- Larger indoor and outdoor gatherings
- Indoor dining
- Essential and non-essential retail open with limited capacity
- Larger indoor religious services, rites, and ceremony gatherings
- Indoor meeting and event spaces
- Indoor sports and recreational facilities
- Indoor seated events
- Indoor attractions and cultural amenities
- Casino and bingo halls
- Other outdoor activities from Step 2 permitted to operate indoors
CLICK HERE to find out where business sectors fit in the roadmap,
get details on types of retail operations, personal care services, personal fitness and training, event spaces, performing arts, campgrounds and more.