On March 17, 2021, the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries announced the launch of the 2021 Reconnect Festival and Event Program for eligible festivals and events taking place between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
The deadline to apply for the 2021 Reconnect Festival and Event Program has been extended to Thursday, April 22, 2021, at 5 p.m. (EDT).
The 2021 Reconnect Festival and Event Program supports innovative programming and marketing for festivals and events. It helps to improve experiences for visitors and stimulate local community economic development and recovery.
The program supports innovative events in Ontario that will:
- provide safe experiences that encourage people to rediscover the beauty and diversity of Ontario’s communities
- draw attendees, whether in-person or virtually
- provide a positive economic impact
- provide job opportunities for Ontarians in the tourism, culture and entertainment sectors
- increase Ontario’s profile through media and/or broadcast exposure to instill interest in future travel to the province once it is safe to do so
Information on eligibility and how to apply to the program is available at Ontario.ca.
Tourism Advisor for Hastings County, Beverley Cameron is available to assist with questions about the 2021 Reconnect Festival and Event Program application process.
CLICK HERE for contact information.