For more than 120 years, Desjardins has supported small business by offering advice, adapted funds and easier access to credit. They are giving away $3M in GoodSpark Grants to small businesses as one more way they support the local economy.
150 Grants of $20,000 are available.
Who can participate?
Small businesses that:
- Are locally owned and operated
- Are doing business in at least one of the following provinces: Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan
- Have a minimum of 1 employee and a maximum of 50 employees
- Have been registered for at least 1 year (since November 1, 2020, at the latest)
- Have a project that involves at least 1 of the following issues:
- Sustainable development - Development that meets the needs of the present without comprominsing the ability of future generations to meet their own needs
- Employment - Investing in employees (such as employee programs, training, education, diversity, talent acquisition)
- Innovation - New initiatives to help modernize the business.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 29, 2021
Click here to read more about the application process, and see some FAQs.