The Belleville Chamber of Commerce is looking for enthusiastic students
interested in sharing their love of the region with both visitors and locals.
You will be supporting the Visitor Services & Promotions Coordinator greeting
visitors to the Log Cabin and virtually. You will assist with the development of
tourism content for our social media feeds and finding fun things to do that
respect current public health guidelines. The Log Cabin is open weekdays until
6:00 pm and on weekends – students will be responsible for covering these
VISITOR/TOURIST INFORMATION SERVICES
- Manage inventory of discovery guides, maps, brochures, etc.
- Assess & update inventory (contact other visitor service centres across Ontario)
- Organize & maintain racks with current information
- Respond to inquiries for information (in-person/phone/email/website/social media) -
this could include business, tourism or event inquiries
- Document & track inquiries (where are they from/where are they going)
- Maintain sanitization of public spaces as required (following public visits, etc)
- Assist in content creation for Discover Belleville social media and discoverbelleville.ca
- Document through photo/video the “visitor” experience at different stores, restaurants,
trails, Pop-Ups on the Bay, etc.
- Review archived material for “throwback” features
- Distribute Belleville discovery guides and maps (Wellness Centre/hotels/regional visitor
- Review event calendars (compare to BoQ calendar)
- Stay up to date with local news and events to have a general understanding of what is
happening in the area
- Prepare lists of missing events for BoQ
- Assisting onsite with events as needed
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Log Cabin coverage to 6:00 pm weekdays and from 10:00 – 4:00 on weekends
Please note that protective measures will be in place, combined with frequent and proper
cleaning to ensure the safety of all staff and visitors of the Log Cabin.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply