May 30 - September 30:
- Belleville Lawn Bowling Club: Try lawn bowling for free Mondays at 11:00 am, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:00 pm. For more information click here or call 613-968-3625.
July 2 - September 4:
- Norampac Summer Concert Series: A series of free performances every Thursday and Sunday 6-8pm in Centennial Park in Trenton. Schedule will be coming out soon! For more information click here.
Skills Ontario Summer Camp: A week-long day program for kids entering grades 7-9. Through hands-on activities relevant to the skilled trades, campers develop communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills. Campers take part in hands-on counselor and industry-led workshops in the industrial, construction, motive power, services and technology sectors; they explore careers in skilled trades through interactive games, industry tours and entrepreneurship programs. The camps are facilitated in partnership with colleges, industries and community volunteers who are committed to giving the campers an outstanding hands-on experience. For more information click here.
- Overalls and Whitewalls: Antique tractors and classic cars. 5-8 pm. Admission to museum by donation. For more information click here.
July 20 -22:
- Empire Rockfest 2017: presenting Canada’s top contemporary rock acts, along with a special guest-international recording artist! This year’s open air festival is at Empire Square Live. For more information click here.
- Wheels On The Bay: Ontario’s Largest 3 day wheels (Cars) Festival will be held at it’s new location at Zwick’s Centennial Park. Wheels on the Bay will feature special Celebrity guests, Burn Out Pit, Rev competition, Pin Up competition, many vendors and new for 2017, a Swap meet. Wheels on the Bay will attract close to 1000 vehicles from throughout North America. For more information click here.
- Street Festival: Front Street between Bridge and Victoria will be closed all day on the Saturday for various activities for young and old. There will be arts and crafts and live music. For more information click here. Century Village will also be presenting entertainment and classic cars from the Wheels On the Bay event at West Zwicks will be parked in the downtown Saturday evening. That weekend will also feature the Empire Rockfest.
July 22 - 23:
- Trenton Big Band Festival: The city of Quinte West is presenting the 6th annual Trenton Big Band Festival. Comes to Trenton's Riverfront Square on Saturday to hear the exciting sounds of the Rythym and Truth Brass Band from 7:30 - 10:30 for FREE! Sunday, enjoy concerts at the Ampitheatre in Centennial Park. For more information click here.
- Mega Yard Sale: We need Your Stuff! Call 613-962-9043 for more information.
- Spurs, chaps, rodeo: The second annual County Championship Rodeo is slated to be held at the Picton Fairgrounds and organizers are expecting the event to be even better than last year’s inaugural edition. For more information click here.
July 22 - August 13:
- Music At Port Milford Chamber Music Festival: Music at Port Milford is celebrating its 30th season of bringing chamber music to Prince Edward County For more information click here.
Movie: Minions: Belleville Public Library, 254 Pinnacle Street , 10:30 am, Come out and watch Minions on the big screen! Bring your own snacks! G 91 minutes. All Ages. No registration required. For more information click here.
- Sir John A. Macdonald And Lady Ages: A major event for the whole family. The Historical Society has joined forces with the O'Hara Mill to bring you Sir John A. Macdonald and Lady Ages, live, to the O'Hara Mill Heritage Day. Meet Sir John A., hear his rousing confederation speech, plus many historical displays, pioneer farm machinery, the operating saw mill, plus lots of live music and great food.
Wings & Wheels: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the National Air Force Museum of Canada Air Park, C.F.B. Trenton. Welcoming Classic Cars and Motorcycles to come and display amongst the various vintage planes in the Air Park. In addition to the many vehicles and planes on display, there will also be a variety of vendors, a delicious food court, silent auction, an awesome preview of the Canine Olympics, we will also have music throughout the day. For more information click here.
YMCA Kids Triathlon: Belleville branch (433 Victoria Ave). Registration 8:30 for ages 10-12, 9:00 for ages 3-5, 9:30 for ages 6-9. Minimum $5 donation to YMCA Strong Kids. For more information call 613-966-9622.
- 5K Foam Fest Belleville: Join us for 22+ obstacles including the world's largest inflatable waterslide, mud pits and 2.5 MILLION cubic feet of foam! Rock out all day to 12,000 watts of awesome music, enjoy a FREE kids zone for kids 7 and under, delicious food, great vendors and beer gardens. 5K Foam Fest has fun activities for all ages and is a family friendly event! For more information click here.
- Family Movie: Smurfs The Lost Village, 10:30 am Belleville Public Library, Come out and watch Smurfs: The Lost Village on the big screen! Bring your own snacks!
Rated: G 98 minutes. No registration required.
For more information click here.
- Youth Room Movie Night: The Lego Batman Movie (PG), Youth Room, Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre, Movie starts at 5pm (Youth Room open 4-8pm),Grade 6-12 welcome in the Youth Room, FREE!
August 3 -19:
- Seussical, The Musical: The Stirling Festival Theatre Academy presents "Seussical, The Musical". All your favourite Dr. Seuss characters are brought to life! Tickets; Youth $15 Adults $24-$28 Family 4-pack - $75 (prices do not include tax & ticket fee)
For more information click here or call 613-395-2100
August 4 - 7:
- Tweed Stampede And Jamboree: The premier camping & western lifestyles festival is back again. Set on the beautiful lakeside Trudeau Park in Tweed, it will feature some of the biggest names in country music. For more information click here.
Disney Karaoke: Belleville Public Library, 254 Pinnacle Street, 10:30 am, 2&up. Come dressed up and sing your favourite Disney song! Space is limited so call 613-968-6731 x2235 to register! Registration starts June 17th.
Wild About Wildlife: Join us this summer for a series of family friendly outdoor events across the watershed. These days are great opportunities for families to get outdoors and learn about their natural surroundings, explore their environment, and learn about fascinating creatures through hands-on interactive activities. For more information click here.
- Canadian Inspired Art: Belleville Public Library, 254 Pinnacle Street, 10:30 am & 2:00 pm, ages 3&up, Explore the artistic styles and techniques of Canadian artists. Space is limited so call 613-968-6731 x2235 to register! For more information click here.
August 11- 13:
- 11th Annual Quinte Ribfest: Free Admission to this Food & Family Fun Festival in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters features great food, music and fun for everyone! For more information click here.
- Family Movie: Toy Story, 10:30am, Belleville Public Library, 254 Pinnacle Street, come out and watch Toy Story on the big screen! Bring your own snacks! Rated G, 80 min. No registration required. For more information click here.
- Prince Edward County Jazz Festival: Every summer, the Prince Edward County Jazz Festival brings together top jazz talent, from local heroes to international stars in our beautiful wine-country setting. With the generous help of TD and local sponsors, the PEC Jazz Festival has gained a reputation as the true jazz-lover's festival. From Dixieland classic to cutting edge modern and everything in between, the PEC Jazz Festival has something for every jazz fan. For more information click here.
- BBQ Lunch: Join the City of Belleville for an opportunity to support our community by enjoying a BBQ lunch for United Way at Market Square from 11:30am - 1:30pm.
August 25 - 27:
- 7th Annual Tweed Elvis Festival: For more information click here.
- Quinte Ride For Paws 6 Anniversary Ride: Amphitheater at Centennial Park Trenton. Meet and Greet is at 10:00 each bike is a 15.00 donation to ride. Show and Shine, BBQ, Vendors, area for motorcycles for sale and so much more. Money being raised for Fixed For Life, Sandy Pines, S.H.E.B.A. Foundation and Flying Hope Bird Sanctuary. Tamalin Vajda and Derek Andrew 613 392 0759. For more information click here.
August 30 - September 3:
- Belleville Theater Guild An Evening Of One Act Plays: Not seen before on any stage but created by local playwrights...we present our third annual EVENING of ONE-ACT PLAYS.A selection of short, experimental pieces of theatre. This event has brought new audiences, packed the theatre and always shakes up downtown in a way you don't want to miss! Tickets $10.00 at the door. (Not part of our subscription series). For more information click here.
August 31 - September 3:
September 9 -10:
- Trenton's 27th Annual Scottish Irish Festival: A two day event promoting and celebrating Celtic culture and heritage. The festival includes a parade, music and dance, art, jewelry, clothing and costumes, ancestry and heavy events competition. Admission is $5 and children under 12 are FREE. Festival will take place in beautiful Centennial Park. For more information click here.
September 15 - 24:
- Prince Edward County Classic Music Festival: The Prince Edward County Classical Music Festival is celebrating its 14th season this year. Our Festival was started in 2004 with the intention of bringing the finest of Canada’s performers to local audiences and visitors to the County. For more information click here.
September 21 - 24:
- Brighton's Annual Applefest: Over the last full weekend of September. Most of the activities are centred around the main street and nearby King Edward Park. Events include BBQs, children's village, dances, a street fair, arts and crafts show, dinners and a parade. For more information click here.
September 22 - 24:
- Prince Edward County Studio Tour: As one of the longest running and most diverse studio tours in Ontario, the Prince Edward County Studio Tour presents a juried selection of our community’s best artists.Come and meet the artists at work in their studios, learn their history, and discuss their techniques and materials. Our artists and artisans cover a broad range of mediums; many are now in national and international collections. The Prince Edward County Studio Tour gives you behind-the-scenes access to some of the most interesting artists in Ontario.Don’t miss this opportunity to meet our artists and buy directly from the source. For more information click here.
- Belleville Flavours Of Fall Festival: 10:00am-3:00pm Downtown Belleville. Come enjoy the sights, sounds, tastes and scents of the fall season in Belleville, with fun activities and entertainment for the whole family! For more information click here.
- Porchfest Belleville is back again in 2017. For more information click here.
October 12 - 28:
- Belleville Theater Guild Our Town: Written by Thornton Wilder and directed by Ian Feltham. Performances are at the Pinnacle Playhouse from Oct. 12-28 on select evenings at 8:00pm and Sunday matinees at 2:00pm. Tickets are $20 for adults, $18 for seniors, and $10 for students. For more information click here.
- Annual Boofest Halloween Party: Tons of candy, ghost stories, colouring, toys, games. Come out from 5-8 pm at the Trenton Arena to enjoy this Halloween Party! For more information click here.
November 3 - 5:
- Hollywood North Film Festival: November 3 - 5 featuring world-class films from around the world. For more information click here.
- Christmas At The Pier: Wander through this impressive seasonal lighting display, enjoy complimentary treats, musical entertainment, and, Santa & Mrs. Claus!
- Belleville Nighttime Santa Claus Parade: Bring the family and come enjoy beautifully lit floats, marching bands, seasonal surprises and of course Santa!
November 30 - December 15:
- Belleville Theater Guild Noises Off: Considered by many to be the best farce ever written about the theatre. Penned by Michael Frayn and directed by Dave Henderson, this play-within-a-play lampoons onstage and backstage carryings-on. Pinnacle Playhouse, 8:00pm on select evenings and 2:00pm Sundays. For more information click here.
February 1 -17:
- Belleville Theater Guild Marion Bridge: Written by Daniel Mclvor and directed by Steve Forrester. More information to come.
April 5 - 21:
- Belleville Theater Guild The Curious Savage: Written and directed by Kathryn Dalmer. More information to come.
May 31 - June 17:
- Belleville Theater Guild Annie Get Your Gun: Music and lyrics by Irving Berlin, book by Dorothy and Herbert Feilds, directed by Moira Nikander-Forrester. More information to come.
Day Trip Ideas:
Festival Players of Prince Edward County: http://www.festivalplayers.ca
Stirling Festival Theatre: http://stirlingfestivaltheatre.com
Montrose Inn Tea Room: http://www.montroseinn.ca
Farmtown Park: http://www.farmtownpark.ca
Nationial Air Force Museum of Canada: http://airforcemuseum.ca/en/
County Wine Tours: http://thecountywines.com/index.php
Kingston Trolley Tours: http://kingstonchamber.on.ca/tourism
Marine Museum of the Great Lakes at Kingston: http://marmuseum.ca/
Glanmore National Historic Site: 613-962-2329, http://www.glanmore.org/h/LifeAtGlanmoreSChapline.html
Online Resources for Upcoming Events: