May 30 - September 30:
- Belleville Lawn Bowling Club: Try lawn bowling for free Mondays at 11:00 am, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:00 pm. For more information click here or call 613 968 3625.
- Relay For Life: A community fundraising event where Canadians across the country join together in the fight against cancer. Picture yourself walking a track while hundreds of people – family, friends, co-workers and neighbours – cheer you on. The baton you hold in your hand is a powerful symbol of your personal commitment to make an impact in the fight against cancer. As you complete your lap and pass the baton to a teammate, you feel an overwhelming sense of pride in knowing you’re united with Canadians in communities across the country to create a world where no one fears cancer. For more information click here.
June 23 - July 9:
- 24th Annual Art In The County Juried Exhibition and Sale: Features the highest quality works of art by Prince Edward County artists. One work of art will win the Otto Donald Rogers Award of Excellence as chosen by the acclaimed Canadian painter. The People’s Choice Award is determined by visitor ballots. Admission will be FREE to all on Canada Day July 1st Admission on all other days is $3.00 per Adult, kids 12 & under FREE. All artworks are for sale. Books & Company, 2nd Floor, 289 Main St., Picton, 10AM-6PM daily (until 5 PM Sun, 3 PM July 9). For more information click here.
- Auto Odyssey Car Show: Centennial Park, Trenton. Food, Music, 50/50, Silent Auction. Fundraising for Trenton Memorial Hospital and Fixed Fur Life. 9 am Registration, 10:30am-3:00pm Car Show. $10 Car Admission.
- Stirling's Farmtown Park Strawberry Social: Stirling's Farmtown Park Strawberry Social, 11am-3pm. Hot Dogs Strawberries Ice Cream. Take a tour of the museum, bring a lawn chair, kick back and listen to Dave Bush and the River Valley Riders. Admission $10, kids under 12 $5. 437 West Front St. Stirling. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Room Movie Night: Rio 2 (Rated G), Monday June 26th, 4-6pm, Youth Room, 2nd floor of the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre, Grades 6-12 are welcome in the Youth Room, FREE! For more information click here.
- Canada Day: Celebrating Canada 150 at Zwicks Park. This years event will be bigger and better than ever. For more information click here.
July 1 - 9:
- Family Fishing Week: Features license free fishing all week long. For more information click here.
A Town & Country Garden Tour
Explore 8 beautiful gardens of the Bay of Quinte at the 18th Annual Town & Country Garden Tour. This self-guided tour from 10:00a to 4:00p gives guests the opportunity to visit private home gardens. A boxed lunch and beverage are included in the ticket price of $25. All proceeds go to CFUW Belleville & District Scholarship Fund to support deserving high school graduates in the Hastings County-Quinte area as they continue in post-secondary education.
July 2 - September 4:
- Norampac Summer Concert Series: A series of free performances every Thursday and Sunday 6-8pm in Centennial Park in Trenton. Schedule will be coming out soon! For more information click here.
- Wild About Wildlife: These days are great opportunities for families to get outdoors and learn about their natural surroundings, explore their environment, and learn about fascinating creatures through hands-on interactive activities. Each day is jam packed with a variety of activities so that each child can learn and experience many different things. Children who come to the events must be accompanied by adult. Some of the activities you can enjoy include: a performance from the Paddling Puppeteer, live interactive Ontario Reptiles At Risk Display, meet live falcons, and more! For more information click here
July 6 - 9:
- Belleville Waterfront And Ethnic Festival: Free Admission. This 4 day family festival held at West Zwick’s Park features; full midway, main stage entertainment for all ages including tribute bands, children’s meet and greets and multi-cultural acts, food from around the world, vendor expo, children’s village and more! For more information click here.
Incredible Edibles Farm Tour 2017: 9:00am to 4:00pm. $50.00. Tour departs from Incredible Edibles Festival Tent, 58 Saskatoon Campbellford, promptly at 10am please arrive between 9.30-10am for breakfast by the Trent. Tour returns at approximately 4:00pm. For more information click here.
PwC MS Bike - Prince Edward County: This year, thousands of cyclists will again ride hundreds of kilometers across Canada, united by a powerful common goal: a future free of multiple sclerosis. July 9, 2017, 8:00am to 2:00pm (approx.) Prince Edward County Community Centre (Start/Finish). Registration fee is $25-50, $300 fundraising minimum. For more information email email@example.com
July 13 - 15:
- Downtown Trenton's Annual Three Day Festival: Featuring sidewalk sales, art in the park, live entertainment, boat cruises, and the Trenton Dragon Boat Festival. For more information click here.
July 14 & 15:
- Poker Run: Belleville is getting ready to once again host the annual Power Boating Canada Bay of Quinte Poker Run Rendezvous. This highly anticipated weekend extravaganza takes place on the beautiful waters of the Bay of Quinte. The Poker Run will follow the same route as last year, with stops in Deseronto, and Picton Harbour, and a lunch stop at Fraser’s Marina in Trenton, then back to home port in Belleville. Power Boating Canada invites all boaters to participate in this year’s event. Boats of all makes, sizes and speeds are welcome to attend, even personal watercraft, thus creating a fun-filled weekend on the water, meant for the whole family to enjoy. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-905-844-8218 ext 252.
- Cruse The Bay: Presented by the Quinte West Chamber during Downtown Trenton's Festival on the Bay, enjoy a scenic cruise at 1pm and/or an evening cruise at 7pm with entertainment, wine tasting, cheese and desserts. Each cruise is three hours in length. $40 for Chamber members and $45 for non-members. You can purchase your ticket from the Chamber website here, and for more information click here.
- Trenton Dragon Boat Festival: At the Rowing and Paddling Club in Kiwanis Park. For more information click here.
- Family Movie: Beauty and the Beast, Belleville Public Library, 10:30 am. All ages welcome, bring your own snacks! For more information click here.
Skills Ontario Summer Camp: A week-long day program for kids entering grades 7-9. Through hands-on activities relevant to the skilled trades, campers develop communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills. Campers take part in hands-on counselor and industry-led workshops in the industrial, construction, motive power, services and technology sectors; they explore careers in skilled trades through interactive games, industry tours and entrepreneurship programs. The camps are facilitated in partnership with colleges, industries and community volunteers who are committed to giving the campers an outstanding hands-on experience. For more information click here.
- Wheels On The Bay: Ontario’s Largest 3 day wheels (Cars) Festival will be held at it’s new location at Zwick’s Centennial Park. Wheels on the Bay will feature special Celebrity guests, Burn Out Pit, Rev competition, Pin Up competition, many vendors and new for 2017, a Swap meet. Wheels on the Bay will attract close to 1000 vehicles from throughout North America. For more information click here.
- Street Festival: Front Street between Bridge and Victoria will be closed all day on the Saturday for various activities for young and old. There will be arts and crafts and live music. For more information click here.
Century Village will also be presenting entertainment and classic cars from the Wheels On the Bay event at West Zwicks will be parked in the downtown Saturday evening.
That weekend will also feature the Empire Rockfest.
July 22 - 23:
- Trenton Big Band Festival: The city of Quinte West is presenting the 6th annual Trenton Big Band Festival. Comes to Trenton's Riverfront Square on Saturday to hear the exciting sounds of the Rythym and Truth Brass Band from 7:30 - 10:30 for FREE! Sunday, enjoy concerts at the Ampitheatre in Centennial Park. For more information click here.
July 22 - August 13:
- Music At Port Milford Chamber Music Festival: Music at Port Milford is celebrating its 30th season of bringing chamber music to Prince Edward County For more information click here.
Movie: Minions: Belleville Public Library, 254 Pinnacle Street , 10:30 am, Come out and watch Minions on the big screen! Bring your own snacks! G 91 minutes. All Ages. No registration required. For more information click here.
- Sir John A. Macdonald And Lady Ages: A major event for the whole family. The Historical Society has joined forces with the O'Hara Mill to bring you Sir John A. Macdonald and Lady Ages, live, to the O'Hara Mill Heritage Day. Meet Sir John A., hear his rousing confederation speech, plus many historical displays, pioneer farm machinery, the operating saw mill, plus lots of live music and great food.
- 5K Foam Fest Belleville: Join us for 22+ obstacles including the world's largest inflatable waterslide, mud pits and 2.5 MILLION cubic feet of foam! Rock out all day to 12,000 watts of awesome music, enjoy a FREE kids zone for kids 7 and under, delicious food, great vendors and beer gardens. 5K Foam Fest has fun activities for all ages and is a family friendly event! For more information click here.
August 4 - 7:
- Tweed Stampede And Jamboree: The premier camping & western lifestyles festival is back again. Set on the beautiful lakeside Trudeau Park in Tweed, it will feature some of the biggest names in country music. For more information click here.
Disney Karaoke: Belleville Public Library, 254 Pinnacle Street, 10:30 am, 2&up. Come dressed up and sing your favourite Disney song! Space is limited so call 613-968-6731 x2235 to register! Registration starts June 17th.
August 11- 13:
- 11th Annual Quinte Ribfest: Free Admission to this Food & Family Fun Festival in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters features great food, music and fun for everyone! For more information click here.
- Prince Edward County Jazz Festival: Every summer, the Prince Edward County Jazz Festival brings together top jazz talent, from local heroes to international stars in our beautiful wine-country setting. With the generous help of TD and local sponsors, the PEC Jazz Festival has gained a reputation as the true jazz-lover's festival. From Dixieland classic to cutting edge modern and everything in between, the PEC Jazz Festival has something for every jazz fan. For more information click here.
- BBQ Lunch: Join the City of Belleville for an opportunity to support our community by enjoying a BBQ lunch for United Way at Market Square from 11:30am - 1:30pm.
August 25 - 27:
- 7th Annual Tweed Elvis Festival: For more information click here.
- Quinte Ride For Paws 6 Anniversary Ride: Amphitheater at Centennial Park Trenton. Meet and Greet is at 10:00 each bike is a 15.00 donation to ride. Show and Shine, BBQ, Vendors, area for motorcycles for sale and so much more. Money being raised for Fixed For Life, Sandy Pines, S.H.E.B.A. Foundation and Flying Hope Bird Sanctuary. Tamalin Vajda and Derek Andrew 613 392 0759. For more information click here.
August 30 - September 3:
- Belleville Theater Guild An Evening Of One Act Plays: Not seen before on any stage but created by local playwrights...we present our third annual EVENING of ONE-ACT PLAYS.A selection of short, experimental pieces of theatre. This event has brought new audiences, packed the theatre and always shakes up downtown in a way you don't want to miss! Tickets $10.00 at the door. (Not part of our subscription series). For more information click here.
August 31 - September 3:
September 9 -10:
- Trenton's 27th Annual Scottish Irish Festival: A two day event promoting and celebrating Celtic culture and heritage. The festival includes a parade, music and dance, art, jewelry, clothing and costumes, ancestry and heavy events competition. Admission is $5 and children under 12 are FREE. Festival will take place in beautiful Centennial Park. For more information click here.
September 15 - 24:
- Prince Edward County Classic Music Festival: The Prince Edward County Classical Music Festival is celebrating its 14th season this year. Our Festival was started in 2004 with the intention of bringing the finest of Canada’s performers to local audiences and visitors to the County. For more information click here.
September 21 - 24:
- Brighton's Annual Applefest: Over the last full weekend of September. Most of the activities are centred around the main street and nearby King Edward Park. Events include BBQs, children's village, dances, a street fair, arts and crafts show, dinners and a parade. For more information click here.
September 22 - 24:
- Prince Edward County Studio Tour: As one of the longest running and most diverse studio tours in Ontario, the Prince Edward County Studio Tour presents a juried selection of our community’s best artists.Come and meet the artists at work in their studios, learn their history, and discuss their techniques and materials. Our artists and artisans cover a broad range of mediums; many are now in national and international collections. The Prince Edward County Studio Tour gives you behind-the-scenes access to some of the most interesting artists in Ontario.Don’t miss this opportunity to meet our artists and buy directly from the source. For more information click here.
- Belleville Flavours Of Fall Festival: 10:00am-3:00pm Downtown Belleville. Come enjoy the sights, sounds, tastes and scents of the fall season in Belleville, with fun activities and entertainment for the whole family! For more information click here.
- Porchfest Belleville is back again in 2017. For more information click here.
October 12 - 28:
- Belleville Theater Guild Our Town: Written by Thornton Wilder and directed by Ian Feltham. Performances are at the Pinnacle Playhouse from Oct. 12-28 on select evenings at 8:00pm and Sunday matinees at 2:00pm. Tickets are $20 for adults, $18 for seniors, and $10 for students. For more information click here.
- Annual Boofest Halloween Party: Tons of candy, ghost stories, colouring, toys, games. Come out from 5-8 pm at the Trenton Arena to enjoy this Halloween Party! For more information click here.
November 3 - 5:
- Hollywood North Film Festival: November 3 - 5 featuring world-class films from around the world. For more information click here.
- Christmas At The Pier: Wander through this impressive seasonal lighting display, enjoy complimentary treats, musical entertainment, and, Santa & Mrs. Claus!
- Belleville Nighttime Santa Claus Parade: Bring the family and come enjoy beautifully lit floats, marching bands, seasonal surprises and of course Santa!
November 30 - December 15:
- Belleville Theater Guild Noises Off: Considered by many to be the best farce ever written about the theatre. Penned by Michael Frayn and directed by Dave Henderson, this play-within-a-play lampoons onstage and backstage carryings-on. Pinnacle Playhouse, 8:00pm on select evenings and 2:00pm Sundays. For more information click here.
February 1 -17:
- Belleville Theater Guild Marion Bridge: Written by Daniel Mclvor and directed by Steve Forrester. More information to come.
April 5 - 21:
- Belleville Theater Guild The Curious Savage: Written and directed by Kathryn Dalmer. More information to come.
May 31 - June 17:
- Belleville Theater Guild Annie Get Your Gun: Music and lyrics by Irving Berlin, book by Dorothy and Herbert Feilds, directed by Moira Nikander-Forrester. More information to come.
Day Trip Ideas:
Festival Players of Prince Edward County: http://www.festivalplayers.ca
Stirling Festival Theatre: http://stirlingfestivaltheatre.com
Montrose Inn Tea Room: http://www.montroseinn.ca
Farmtown Park: http://www.farmtownpark.ca
Nationial Air Force Museum of Canada: http://airforcemuseum.ca/en/
County Wine Tours: http://thecountywines.com/index.php
Kingston Trolley Tours: http://kingstonchamber.on.ca/tourism
Marine Museum of the Great Lakes at Kingston: http://marmuseum.ca/
Glanmore National Historic Site: 613-962-2329, http://www.glanmore.org/h/LifeAtGlanmoreSChapline.html
Online Resources for Upcoming Events: