- Quintelicious is back again. A celebration of Bay of Quinte cuisine at 16 local restaurants. Featuring food and drink from local farmers and producers. Quintelicious.ca for the featured restaurants and menus and for more information.
- Please join us at The Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Habitat is celebrating its' 23rd year here in Prince Edward Hastings and have built 19 homes in our community. All members of the business community are welcome to attend this free event! click here for more information.
March 25 - 26:
- Maple in the County is a celebration of the first harvest of the 2017 season in Prince Edward County. Come out to one of the participating Sugarbush's and learn how maple syrup is made, take a wagon ride, enjoy a pancake breakfast and pick up some yummy maple products to take home! Visit www.mapleinthecounty.com for details.
- The Waring House welcomes Mentalist Jaymes White and his jaw dropping Art of Mind reading. Using the ancient study of mind reading, Jaymes with the help of the audience, is able to accomplish astonishing feats of memory, hypnotism, and mind reading. This is a show you simply don't want to miss! Tickets to this show are $55, and include a plated dinner. Visit waringhouse.com for more information or to get your tickets.
- The Belleville Choral Society is hosting a choral workshop lead by Genevieve Proulx, voice instructor from Montreal and CAMMAC Music Centre from 1pm - 3pm at St Thomas' Anglican Church. For more information visit the Belleville Choral Society's website
- A powerhouse performer! Matt Anderson's fingers sail over the guitar strings as the grace of a humming bird when he comes to Belleville's Empire Theatre on Saturday March 25th. With over 5 million views on YouTube, album sales topping 30,000, a European blues award, Juno award nomination, and much more, Matt is bound to blow your socks off! The show starts at 7:30 at 321, Front Street Belleville Ont and Tickets are just $45.00! You don't want to miss out on this evening of great music! For more information click here!
- Come out for movie night at the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre! Grades 6-12 welcome, and admission is free! for more information click here.
- Shaken Not Stirred is a Ladies Night Out “Gala Style” event, held at the Travelodge in Belleville, in support of the Alzheimer Society of Hastings-Prince Edward. This year we will be hosting the event on Wednesday March 29th. The night features dinner, games, silent auction and prizes. Tickets are $60 each visit Alzheimer Society of HPE for more information.
- The Belleville Chamber is pleased to welcome new Police Chief Ron Gignac. Join us on March 29th and welcome our new Police Chief and listen to him speak about plans for 2017 and what he hopes to accomplish with his time as the Belleville Police Chief. Click here for more information.
March 30-April 15:
- Pride & Prejudice from the novel by Jane Austen, adapted for the stage by Jon Jory, Directed by Lise Lindenberg. Imagine this. It is 1813; you have five daughters who will not inherit any of your estate and so must marry well. Your daughter Elizabeth-witty and independent- encounters the eligible but proud Mr. Darcy and domestic life is turned upside down in this charming and humorous drama of friendship, rivalry, mistaken beliefs and love.
- Hospice Quinte's 2017 gala with the theme Vintage Travelling Circus is at the Armouries in downtown Belleville. There will be entertainment from “Kingston Circus Arts”. Catering will be served by “Earl and Angelos”. Tickets are $150 each, $1,500 for a table or $2,000 for a corporate table. For tickets and additional information call Hospice Quinte at 613-966-6610.
- Travelodge Hotel presents The Hypnotist Guy. Be apart of a great night with the ultimate in audience participation and laughs. Tickets are just $40 each and includes dinner and a show. Contact 613-968-3411 for tickets.
- Join the YMCA for a polar dip to raise funds for their Strong Kids Campaign. The dip will take place along the waterfront trail, near the Quinte Rowing Club. For registration and pledge forms visit the YMCA's website.
- Come down to the Quinte Regional Science and Technology Fair at Loyalist college to see some of the greatest projects the youth of the area have to display. They are competing for many prizes and a chance to compete in the Canada-wide Science Fair. For more information check out their website here.
- Come one, come all to Hospice Quinte’s signature fundraising event of the year! Join us on Saturday, April 1st, 2017, 6pm, at the Belleville Armouries. An evening of themed entertainment and décor, unique live and silent auction, a decadent meal presented by Earl & Angelo’s, a spectacular presentation by Kingston Circus Arts, and of course, dancing! Step right up and join us for this extraordinary fundraising event! Tables seat 10. Tickets $150 each. Sponsorship & Donation Opportunities available. Call 613-966-6610 or click here for more details!
April 7 – 9:
- Quinte Home and Lifestyle show at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre has been going on for more than 45 years and is back with another great show. Find more information on the Quinte Home Builders' Association's website.
- Please join us April 19th for a Chamber breakfast and coffee mingle with guest speaker Mayor Taso Christopher! Mayor Christopher has been a member of Council, was appointed to the Belleville Police Services Board, served on the Waterfront and Ethnic Festival Committee, and is part of the Greek Community Board of Directors! Come out and listen to what he has to say about the state of the city address. For more information and registration details, click here.
- Hops on the Water, Craft Beer Festival takes place from 11am - 7pm at Trenton's Farmers' Market. This outdoor festival is family friendly with samples from craft breweries, wineries and cideries in the Bay of Quinte region, greater Southeastern Ontario area and Prince Edward County plus inspired street foods and live entertainment. Advanced tickets are $20 and includes two drink tokens. For more details and to buy tickets visit the Empire Theatre's website.
- Celebrate Earth day by taking part in the 17th annual Quinte Trash Bash. Decide where you would like to pick up trash and they provide you with the supplies and litter drop off locations. Register online today!
- COME FLY A KITE! SUNDAY, APRIL 23, noon – 4 pm at East Zwicks Park, Belleville. Family Fun Event. Free kites for first 100 kids (with adult). Refreshments and kites available for purchase. Ages 5 and up: decorate and fly your own mini-kite. Face-painting and balloon creations. KIWANIS CLUB of BELLEVILLE’s Canada 150 project. JOIN US! For more information call 613-969-8947 or visit kiwanisbelleville.ca
- The Bay of Quinte Home Show is back again. Happening at the Duncan McDonald Memorial Community Gardens. This event is three shows in one, a Home, Leisure, and Women's show all together in one place. Check out bayofquintehomeshow.com for more information or to become a vendor.
- The Green Task Force will be handing out free seedlings to City of Belleville residents in market square from 8am - 11am. Bring your own bucket to pick up your free seedlings, limit of 10 trees per household!
- Healthy Living Expo - For one day only at Centennial Secondary School from 9:00am to 4:00pm come out and see the EXPO gymnasium, various rooms for speaking, fitness instruction, wellness classes, healthy options cooking demonstrations and much more. Check out www.healthylivingnow.ca for more information.
- The 37th Annual Kiwanis Walleye World Fishing Derby! This event is a fundraising effort by the Trenton Kiwanis Club to help raise money for the community in support of the goals of the Kiwanis International. Their aim is to support local initiatives and activities that encourage youth through sport, science, academics, and much more. Check back to their website closer to the event for more information: www.kiwaniswalleyeworld.com
- The Quinte Symphony presents "Fiddler on the Loose" at the Regent Theatre in Picton. This show will be the perfect mix of Old World Meets New World, with the Sultans of String (2015 Juno Nominees). Tickets available at thequintesymphony.com
- The 8th annual Mother of all Craft Shows is back again. This event is happening at the River Inn in Corbyville from 10:00am to 4:00pm. This is a can't miss event for all artisans and craft enthusiasts. Visit motherofallcraftshows.com for more information.
May 19 - 21:
- A day of family fun event at the Frankford Riverfest; featuring rides/games, boat races, petting zoo, entertainment, antique car show, vendors and a spectacular fireworks display! www.quintewest.ca
- Belleville Family Artfest from 10:00am – 3:00pm at West Zwick’s Park – Free Admission & Parking, Fun for the whole family … clay sculpting, t-shirt art, sand art, spring themed arts & crafts, face & balloon art and musical entertainment.
- Belleville Youth Soccer Club is hosting their Comets Festival May 27th/28th. It will be held at East Zwicks Park & Riverside Parks. Stay tuned to BYSC.ca for more information.
- Barks by The Bay Canine Festival and Trade show: this canine festival showcases many unique vendors, breeds and breeders, canine accessories training aids and technologies, pet hospitals, pet food stores and groomers. Visit www.barksbythebay.ca for more information.
May 26- June 3:
- A Musical to celebrate the QAC'S 50th anniversary- Come out and watch an exciting new musical "The Summer of 67" written by Wendy Shaer! The year 1967. It was an era that had awakened to the the dawn of a new time, a new generation of free. All performances will take place at the Maranatha, 100 College Street West Belleville Ontario! Tickets are only $20.00 for adults, and $15.00 for seniors, students, and QAC's members! Tickets can be purchased at the Maranatha, the QAC, 36 Bridge Street East, and online at quinteartscouncil.org. For more information on show times click here
- MA Sills Park complex, including the Bruce Faulds Track, will entertain the best high school athletes in the province at the 2017 OFSAA track and field championships, June 1-3
- Little Shop of Horrors by Alan Menken & Howard Ashman, directed by Meaghan Lattanzio. From the depths of the inner-city darkness of “Skid Row” comes the wild ride that is Little Shop of Horrors. A dark, but hilarious musical tribute to the “doo wop” music and B-rated horror movies of the 1950’s; it features a score that will have you tapping your toes and rethinking the extremes you would go to for love, fame and fortune.
- Fixed Fur Life presents Strut For Strays at West Zwick’s Park from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. Strut for Strays is an annual Walkathon and Pet Festival. It is a day filled with Pet activities to raise money to help the homeless and abandoned animals in our community. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year and we need your support! Saving lives is just a Walk in the Park!
- The Quinte Ballet School of Canada presents their Recreational Division Assemble. Visit www.quinteballetschool.com/ for more information.
- Belleville Lions Club 7th Annual Show & Shine Car Show. Happening at Zwick's Park from 8:00am to 3:00pm. Free General Admission. Car Registration $10. Registration closes at 12 Noon. 50's / 60's music. Free Dash Plaques 1st 200 Registrants. Photograph of your vehicle on arrival. Lots of Door Prizes and Trophies. Food & Refreshments available on site.
June 4 - 10:
- The Belleville Pride Committee is excited to bring you another year of events and activities for Pride week. Mark your calendars for the annual parade and Pride in the Park taking place on June 10th at West Zwick's Park. For the rest of the events festivities, keep an eye on their website.
the 2017 Seniors Showcase Information Fair: 10am – 2pm on June 7, 2017
- Quinte ToyCon – Eastern Ontario’s largest collectibles show featuring vendors from all across Ontario and hundreds of tables full of collectibles, vintage comics, cards and much more at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre. Visit www.quintetoycon.ca/ for more information.
- The Gleaners Food Bank's ride for hunger is motorcycle ride to raise money for our food bank. The day also includes music, BBQ and silent auction. Registration starts at 11am in market square in Belleville and the event closes at 4pm. For more information, visit their website here.
June 25 - July 1:
- Quinte West isn't settling for just one day of Canada 150 Celebrations. They're planning a week-long multicultural bash leading up to Canada Day that'll include daily celebrations. Details are still being set but visit their website for updates as the date gets closer www.quintewest.ca
- Canada Day – Celebrating Canada 150 at Zwicks Park. This years event will be bigger and better than ever. Check out Bellevillecanadaday.com as the details get released.
July 1 - 9:
- Family Fishing Week – features license free fishing all week long. Visit ontariofamilyfishing.com for more information.
July 2 - September 4:
- Norampac Summer Concert Series is a series of free performances every Thursday and Sunday 6-8pm in Centennial Park in Trenton. Schedule will be coming out soon! Keep an eye on Quinte West's events page.
- 16th Annual Belleville Dragon Boat Festival - at the beautiful Victoria Park.
July 6 - 9:
- Belleville Waterfront & Ethnic Festival – Free Admission. This 4 day family festival held at West Zwick’s Park features; full midway, main stage entertainment for all ages including tribute bands, children’s meet & greets & multi-cultural acts, food from around the world, vendor expo, children’s village & more! Bellevillewaterfrontfestival.com
July 13 - 15:
- Downtown Trenton's annual three-day festival with sidewalk sales, art in the park, live entertainment, boat cruises, and the Trenton Dragon Boat Festival. For more information, visit their website www.downtowntrenton.ca
- Presented by the Quinte West Chamber during Downtown Trenton's Festival on the Bay, enjoy a scenic cruise at 1pm and/or an evening cruise at 7pm with entertainment, wine tasting, cheese and desserts. Each cruise is three hours in length. $40 for Chamber members and $45 for non-members. You can purchase your ticket from the Chamber website here, and keep an eye on their Facebook page for updates.
- Save the date for the 3rd annual Trenton Dragon Boat Festival happening at the Rowing and Paddling Club in Kiwanis Park. Keep an eye on their Facebook page and website for updates.
- Wheels on the Bay, Ontario’s Largest 3 day wheels (Cars) Festival will be held at it’s new location at Zwick’s Centennial Park. Wheels on the Bay will feature special Celebrity guests, Burn Out Pit, Rev competition, Pin Up competition, many vendors and new for 2017, a Swap meet. Wheels on the Bay will attract close to 1000 vehicles from throughout North America. Visit www.wheelsonthebay.com for more information.
July 22 - 23:
- The city of Quinte West is presenting the 6th annual Trenton Big Band Festival. Comes to Trenton's Riverfront Square on Saturday to hear the exciting sounds of the Rythym and Truth Brass Band from 7:30 - 10:30 for FREE! Sunday, enjoy concerts at the Ampitheatre in Centennial Park. For tickets and more information visit their website www.trentonbigbandfestival.com
- The 5K Foam Fest Belleville. Join us for 22+ obstacles including the world's largest inflatable waterslide, mud pits and 2.5 MILLION cubic feet of foam! Rock out all day to 12,000 watts of awesome music, enjoy a FREE kids zone for kids 7 and under, delicious food, great vendors and beer gardens. 5K Foam Fest has fun activities for all ages and is a family friendly event! More Information Here
August 4 - 7:
- Tweed Stampede and Jamboree – The premier camping & western lifestyles festival is back again. Set on the beautiful lakeside Trudeau Park in Tweed, it will feature some of the biggest names in country music. For more information visit their website: www.tweedstampede.com
August 11- 13:
- 11th Annual Quinte Ribfest – Free Admission to this Food & Family Fun Festival in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters features great food, music and fun for everyone! Quinteribfest.org for more information.
- Join the City of Belleville for an opportunity to support our community by enjoying a BBQ lunch for United Way at Market Square from 11:30am - 1:30pm.
August 25 - 27:
- 7th Annual Tweed Elvis Festival, for schedule, tickets and more information visit www.tweedelvisfestival.ca
August 31 - September 3:
- Mark your calendars for the annual Quinte Exhibition, more details to be released soon.
September 9 -10:
- Trenton's 27th Annual Scottish Irish Festival is a two day event promoting and celebrating Celtic culture and heritage. The festival includes a parade, music and dance, art, jewelry, clothing and costumes, ancestry and heavy events competition. Admission is $5 and children under 12 are FREE. Festival will take place in beautiful Centennial Park.
September 21 - 24:
- Brighton's beloved annual Applefest will take place over the last full weekend of September. Most of the activities are centred around the main street and nearby King Edward Park. Events include BBQs, children's village, dances, a street fair, arts and crafts show, dinners and a parade. Be sure to keep checking their website as they continue to release information for their 2017 festival: www.brightonapplefest.ca
- Belleville Flavours of Fall Festival – 10:00am-3:00pm Downtown Belleville. Come enjoy the sights, sounds, tastes & scents of the fall season in Belleville, with fun activities and entertainment for the whole family!
- Porchfest Belleville is back again in 2017. Stay tuned to Porchfest Bellevilles Facebook page for locations and artist that will be performing this year.
- Inviting all ghosts and goblins of Quinte West to the Annual BOOFEST Halloween Party! Tons of candy, ghost stories, colouring, toys, games. Come out from 5-8pm at the Trenton Arena to enjoy this Halloween Party!
November 3 - 5:
- Hollywood North Film Festival – November 3 – 5 featuring world-class films from around the world. Hnff.ca
- Christmas At The Pier – Wander through this impressive seasonal lighting display, enjoy complimentary treats, musical entertainment, and, Santa & Mrs. Claus!
- Belleville Nighttime Santa Claus Parade – Bring the family and come enjoy beautifully lit floats, marching bands, seasonal surprises and of course Santa!
Day Trip Ideas:
Festival Players of Prince Edward County: http://www.festivalplayers.ca
Stirling Festival Theatre: http://stirlingfestivaltheatre.com
Montrose Inn Tea Room: http://www.montroseinn.ca
Farmtown Park: http://www.farmtownpark.ca
Nationial Air Force Museum of Canada: http://airforcemuseum.ca/en/
County Wine Tours: http://thecountywines.com/index.php
Kingston Trolley Tours: http://kingstonchamber.on.ca/tourism
Marine Museum of the Great Lakes at Kingston: http://marmuseum.ca/
Glanmore National Historic Site: 613-962-2329, http://www.glanmore.org/h/LifeAtGlanmoreSChapline.html
Online Resources for Upcoming Events: