Hometown comes Downtown! (across from City Hall)
February 24 & 25, 2018
Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge is coming to Belleville, ON, for a celebration of hockey on February 24 and 25. The weekend will feature broadcast hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone, meet-and-greet opportunities with NHL alumni such as Andrew Raycroft, live local entertainment and engaging activities for the whole family. As part of the weekend festivities, musical supergroup, the Trans Canada Highwaymen, will perform on-site and as part of the broadcast on Sunday, February 25.
The two-day hockey festival begins on Saturday, February 24 at noon ET, in downtown Belleville, and will conclude Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The evening’s broadcast kicks off with a special pre-game show hosted live on site by MacLean and Slone from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW, followed by a showdown between the Edmonton Oilers and the Anaheim Ducks.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Festival Details:
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Helping fans be fans, the Fan Hub features innovative and interactive experiences, showcasing virtual autographs from NHL stars, a hockey-themed Zamboni video game and autograph signings with NHL alumni, such as Andrew Raycroft, to unite fans in their passion for the game. In addition, fans are treated to free hot chocolate on site.
- GamePlus: If you are a Rogers customer you can come to the GamePlus desk in the Rogers Fan Hub and redeem exclusive experiences such as meet-and-greets with NHL alumni, autographed merchandise and tours of our Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
- Sportsnet Augmented Reality Photo Booth: Fans have the chance to get close to their favorite players through augmented reality technology. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing.
- The Hockey Circus Show: Come see Paz, our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Paz juggles everything from pucks to flaming hockey sticks all while standing on top of a net. It is an experience that the family will never forget.
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room: A family-friendly space to engage hockey fans, celebrate the game, and interact with NHL alumni. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community.
- Dodge Family Zone: Features the famous Stow ’n Go Challenge, a hockey-themed obstacle course. Also, fans have the opportunity to enter a contest to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica for their family. All contest entrants will receive a co-branded Dodge and Rogers Hometown Hockey retro toque.
- Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet: Features pick-up games for the community, including local Timbits Hockey players.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and play the Find Giuseppe Match Game to win a rooftop experience and other great prizes.
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
- OK Tire Zamboni Pit Stop: Features a pit-crew-like experience where fans have the opportunity to test their tire-changing skills on a replica Zamboni.
- Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend, such as Evan MacDonald performing on Saturday.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Event and Broadcast Details
Location: Downtown Belleville, Belleville, ON, K8N 2Y8
- Saturday, February 24 – Festival open from noon to 6 p.m. ET
- Sunday, February 25 – Festival opens at 1 p.m. ET and runs through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party
- Special Guests: NHL Alumni Andrew Raycroft and a special live performance by the Trans Canada Highwaymen, a musical supergroup featuring Moe Berg (The Pursuit of Happiness), Chris Murphy (Sloan), Craig Northey (Odds) and Steven Page (ex-Barenaked Ladies).
- Game Matchup: Edmonton Oilers vs. Anaheim Ducks, 7:30 p.m. ET (Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, Rogers NHL LIVE)
- Subban Family: Belleville has a big place in the hearts of the Subban family. Not only is it where P.K., Malcolm and Jordan all graduated from the Belleville Bulls to become NHL draftees, but it is where Amy McMillan billeted all three boys, giving them a familiar home away from home.
- My Hometown Must: Tara visits the newly refurbished Yardmen Arena, home of the American Hockey League affiliate of the Ottawa Senators, the Belleville Senators, to enjoy a night of hockey with a fan base who are overjoyed to have a team back in their hometown!
Rogers Hometown Hockey Contest
All season long, fans can tune in to the Sunday night broadcast on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW for a chance to win weekly prizes through the Rogers Hometown Hockey Contest. Join the conversation by using each week’s unique hashtag to tweet @Rogers to automatically be entered for a chance to win a number of prizes, including a trip to the 2018 Stanley Cup® Playoffs. The contest runs during every Sunday broadcast through to the final Rogers Hometown Hockey of the season on Sunday, April 1 from Montreal.
Social Media Links
Official website, Rogers Hometown Hockey www.hometownhockey.com
Like Rogers Hometown Hockey www.Facebook.com/RogersHometownHockey
Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Twitter @HometownHockey_ #HometownHockey
Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Instagram @HometownHockey
Official website, Sportsnet www.sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet www.Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Ron MacLean @RonMacLeanHTH
Follow Tara Slone @TaraSlone
Ron MacLean on Cool 100 with Wiggy & McKay
Mayor Taso Christopher on Cool 100 with Wiggy & McKay